Saturday, November 27, 2021

Monster Mash (50th Anniversary)


Name:
Monster Mash
Variation: Monster Cereals
Manufacturer: General Mills

Review: I was super excited when I found this cereal celebrating the 50th anniversary of Monster Cereals. It not only combines the three enduring varieties - Count Chocula (although I don't think there are any chocolate pieces in this), Boo Berry, and Franken Berry, but also the less common Fruity Yummy Mummy and Frute Brute. That's why I was disappointed when, upon trying it, I realized that the concept of combining these cereals is better than its execution. Frankly, there's just too much going on in this cereal, and it doesn't have a real cohesive flavor.

Rating: 🥣
Leftover Milk: Plain...


I liked the concept so much, though, that I actually tried it myself, by combining separate boxes of Count Chocula, Boo Berry, and Franken Berry in one bowl. But the result wasn't much better. In this case, the chocolate and the fruit flavors clashed (which is interesting, because it's not as though chocolate and fruity can't go well together).


So I think I'll just stick to my good old friend, Count Chocula, from now on. It doesn't get any better than chocolate and marshmallows. But you can't say I wasn't brave enough to take on the monsters all at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment