Monday, November 13, 2023

2nd Anniversary Post

I hadn't anticipated making anniversary posts every year, but it's nice to check in and gauge the progress of my blog. By the way, how do you like my new banner? I kind of added it in without fanfare early this year. It celebrates the marble countertop and plain white cereal bowl that are featured in every review, while imitating the font and styling of the source material (not cereal related) that inspired this blog's title - one of my favorite anime series from the '90s, Serial Experiments Lain.

Year 1 Haul

After a full year of double weekend reviews, the workload (which usually swells around the holidays, with seasonal Halloween and Pumpkin Spice and Christmas cereals aplenty) finally seems to be slacking off, now that I'm seeing a lot of stuff I've already tried. It's noticeable enough that I've actually had time to pick up some of my old favorites between novelties, and in certain cases make good on my two bowl ratings and buy a second box of the novelties I've liked most.

It's to a point where I'm considering finally doing a series where I review normal cereals that are not limited edition novelties (as well as fulfill my promise to try all the myriad flavors of Cheerios). This may not be the primary purpose of this blog, but it's something I've had in the back of my mind that I wanted to do if and when the workload ever let up. It also frees me up to do some more independent experiments, mixing different cereals and the like, now that we're just about caught up on all the flashbacks I've been sitting on (just about).

Year 2 Haul

In any case, I'm considering returning to a one-review-per-week schedule (although I may end up eating those words), with the option of temporary expansion whenever necessary. To be fair, the two review format was originally supposed to be occasional only; I just got swamped with material I couldn't put out fast enough. The longterm goal for this blog, after producing a ton of back content for readers to sift through (over 150 cereals reviewed in just two years!), is to not necessarily have a regular posting schedule, but the flexibility of being able to see a new cereal on shelves, buy it, try it, and review it all within the span of about a week. I don't know if the workload will ever dwindle that much, but we'll see.

Thanks for joining me thus far, and I hope you'll stick around. It's been two great years already, and there's still more yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment