Saturday, March 5, 2022

DunkAroos


Name: DunkAroos
Variation: Cookie Crisp?
Manufacturer: General Mills

Review: I guess you might remember this treat from the '90s. I am vaguely aware of it, but it was never a product I was crazy about. It's basically cookies dipped in vanilla frosting. The cereal is actually very reminiscent of Cookie Crisp, but with vanilla instead of chocolate chip cookies. And while I don't have anything against vanilla, it's not a flavor that tends to get me excited. Now, if they ever make a chocolate DunkAroos cereal, I'm gonna have to give that a try.

In addition to shining a spotlight on '90s slang, the back of the cereal box provides a series of fascinating examples of how much technology has improved since the '90s - mainly focusing on the dizzying power we carry around in our pockets these days in the form of mobile phones. It's easy to take this power for granted, since it's become a regular fixture of our everyday lives, but it really is remarkable when put into perspective. I think I enjoyed the back of the box even more than the cereal itself!

Rating: 🥣
Leftover Milk: Plain, in spite of the derelict sprinkles left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment