Saturday, April 23, 2022

Peeps


Name: Peeps
Variation: n/a
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: I regret not getting this review posted before Easter, but it was a late and unexpected discovery. I actually found it on the shelf in Battle Creek, Michigan (the home of Kellogg's and birthplace of cereal). I got there just in time, because the cereal was sold out within the week. I hate to think that you could miss a novelty cereal just because you didn't go shopping at the right store on the right week. It drives me to check the cereal aisle obsessively, which is why I have enough novelty cereals on top of my fridge right now to last me through the rest of the year! (I'm not even exaggerating).

Superficially, the cereal is reminiscent of Froot Loops with Marshmallows - adorable chick and bunny-shaped marshmallows - but with a color scheme of blue, yellow, and pink (which, incidentally - and I'm sure this is a coincidence - are the colors of pansexual pride). The box's claim of "now with more marshmallows" (yes, please!) suggests that it's been around before, even though this is the first time I've seen it. Still, with the level of marketing that Peeps has these days, I'd be more surprised if they didn't offer a breakfast cereal. I'm just glad I got the chance to try it.


I expected the cereal to be fruity, but when I opened the box, it smelled predominantly of marshmallow. Which makes sense. And the marshmallows are good. But the loops definitely have a plainness to them (especially if you're expecting them to taste like Froot Loops). I think having 50% more marshmallows is probably a good idea. I'm not sure this cereal is as good as simply adding marshmallows to Froot Loops, but I like it. It's a great idea for Easter. I'd love to make it part of my annual spring tradition (depending on availability).

Rating: 🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: Marshmallow-flavored!

No comments:

Post a Comment