Saturday, May 13, 2023

Dunkin' Caramel Macchiato


Name: Dunkin' Caramel Macchiato
Variation: n/a
Manufacturer: Post

Review: I suppose I should begin this review with a confession. I don't like the taste of coffee. That's why I waited so long to buy this cereal at closeout prices. In hindsight, I regret missing the chance to try the Mocha Latte flavor also, but really (to quote Blind Willie Johnson), it's nobody's fault but mine. I remember seeing them both on the shelves, and passing them over time and time again.

Anyway, when you open the box, it smells like you just walked into a coffee shop. I suppose the predominant flavors are caramel and coffee. I like that there are marshmallows involved. The texture of the cereal is pleasant. I think that, if circumstances were different, I could easily like this cereal. I just can't get past that distinctive coffee taste.

As a closing remark, "Dunkin'" seems to be rebranding itself lately to compete with Starbucks. But I'll take donuts over coffee any day of the week. This was a great idea for a breakfast cereal (especially considering that a lot of people drink coffee first thing in the morning), but I would be far more excited by a line of Dunkin' cereals based on different kinds of donuts. Chocolate sprinkles, jelly-filled, Bavarian cream... Think of the possibilities!

Rating: 🥣
Leftover Milk: It's an instant Frappuccino!

No comments:

Post a Comment