Sunday, April 14, 2024

Apple Jacks


Name: Apple Jacks
Variation: n/a
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: Having recently had both Apple Cinnamon Cheerios and TMNT Mutant Mayhem, I think I can say with confidence that I don't dislike cinnamon and apples as a cereal flavor. So if I'm not especially fond of Apple Jacks, it can only be because Kellogg's formula is too bland. Which is saying something, given that Cheerios is more or less the General Mills cereal with the blandest reputation (although I'll concede that if you branch out from the original flavor, there's a lot of value to discover).

Apple Jacks aren't as soft as Cheerios - the texture is more akin to Froot Loops (which makes sense). I don't dislike the mouthfeel, but the taste is just too subtle. It's not sweet enough, and there's too much of that base corn flavor (in comparison, Cheerios is an oat-based cereal). I'm gonna have to say, it's not for me. But throw in some marshmallows, and I'm game.

Rating: 🥣
Leftover Milk: Actually pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment