Sunday, November 5, 2023

[Experiment] Autumn Krispies


Description: I noticed something interesting while I was documenting the different seasonal varieties of Rice Krispies. Notwithstanding the Valentine's Day version (which I was not expecting), and the Halloween version (which is an outlier), the summer, winter, and spring varieties all cycle through two of three different colors (adding them to plain "white" Krispies) - red, blue, and green. If it were up to me, I would leave red, white, and blue for the Fourth of July; pick out the white and just use red and green for Christmas; and add an Easter-y purple to the blue and green of spring. Then, you could also add that purple to the orange for Halloween. But I have an even better idea for an autumn-themed version of Rice Krispies, and it's inspired by the colors of fall foliage.

With and without "unturned" greens and pale "yellows".

I used a combination of Shocking Orange and Cocoa Krispies for the orange and brown, and separated out the reds and greens from Holiday Colors (in a painstaking effort I hope I'll never have to repeat). I used Cinnamon Sugar Krispies for the yellows, since they have a slightly darker tinge than regular Rice Krispies, which look too bright and white to pass for an autumn gold. Doesn't it look great? I think it would fit in perfectly with a Thanksgiving motif. I just wish it had a better flavor. Or any flavor, really.

Rating: 🥣

No comments:

Post a Comment