Saturday, November 4, 2023

[Flashback] Apple Jacks Caramel

Notice: Flashback reviews have been written from memory, without having the cereal in front of me. I started taking pictures of notable cereal varieties several years before I decided to start a blog reviewing them. As such, details beyond whether I simply liked the cereal or not may be hazy, especially regarding the quality of the leftover milk. Whenever possible, I have made an effort to procure another box of the cereal for a proper review (even the ones I didn't like), but due to the ephemeral nature of many of these novelty cereals, this is not always possible.


Name: Apple Jacks Caramel
Variation: Apple Jacks
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: I regret not finding this cereal earlier (it would have made for a good comparison with Caramel Apple Toast Crunch), as by the time I got this box, the cereal tasted noticeably stale. As such, I cannot give it a proper review, but I wanted to document its existence in case I don't ever see it again. As far as I can tell, this flavor was released in the summer of 2020 (which was otherwise a fallow year for novelty cereals in my experience; but maybe that's because I was a shut-in throughout the height of the pandemic). I wish it were easier to track production dates and release schedules for these cereals, from a more authoritative source than hunting news articles and reviews. There should be a database somewhere...

Rating: (withheld)

No comments:

Post a Comment