Saturday, January 15, 2022

Wendy's Frosty


Name: Wendy's Frosty Chocolatey Cereal
Variation: n/a
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: This is such a novel and appealing idea for a cereal; it's the epitome of what I created this blog for. I never imagined Wendy's Frosty could or would be made into a cereal, but when I saw it on the shelf in the store, I legit squealed! Plus, it goes great with my Wendy's Spicy Chicken Pringles. (Not really - chips and cereal? I'm not insane. But those chips are amazing on their own. The spicy chicken sandwich is my go-to order at Wendy's, and the Pringles really do taste like it.)


As for the cereal, it's like a cross between Hot Cocoa Puffs and Elf on the Shelf Hot Cocoa. The round pieces recall Cocoa Puffs, but the smaller marshmallows and the softer mouthfeel of the cereal is more reminiscent of Elf on the Shelf. I daresay it gives you the best of both worlds. I think I might like it even better than Hot Cocoa Puffs! Wendy's is really hitting it out of the park with their crossover products lately.

Rating: 🥣🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: Like a chocolate Frosty milkshake!

Bonus: The box provides an intriguing suggestion - the Frosty Freeze Bowl - which involves putting your bowl of cereal in the freezer for 5 minutes before adding milk for a "totally chill-icious eating experience!" Don't expect any magical transformations, but it does taste good chilled (you might just have to take up the box's suggestion and eat your cereal with mittens), and it enhances the Frosty impression.

2 comments:

  1. WENDY'S SPICY CHICKEN PRINGLES??? Okay, I'll need to keep an eye out for those. The spicy chicken sandwich used to be my go-to; now it's my second choice if I don't feel like a Son of Baconator, so still a favorite.

    I was intrigued by the Frosty cereal, but I'm finding more and more that I really can't do marshmallows in my cereal anymore. I loved Lucky Charms and Boo Berry and their ilk as a kid, but the last time I had Count Chocula (a few years ago), it made me sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to dignify your comment on marshmallows with response :p, but yeah, those Pringles are awesome. Good luck finding them, though. These products are so ephemeral sometimes. I don't eat burgers, so when I find a fast food alternative that I like, I hold onto it for dear life. lol

      Delete