Saturday, August 6, 2022

[Flashback] Birthday Cake Pebbles

Notice: Flashback reviews have been written from memory, without having the cereal in front of me. I started taking pictures of notable cereal varieties several years before I decided to start a blog reviewing them. As such, details beyond whether I simply liked the cereal or not may be hazy, especially regarding the quality of the leftover milk. Whenever possible, I have made an effort to procure another box of the cereal for a proper review (even the ones I didn't like), but due to the ephemeral nature of many of these novelty cereals, this is not always possible.


Name: Birthday Cake Pebbles
Variation: Fruity Pebbles
Manufacturer: Post

Review: While we've got the Pebbles cereals on our minds, I wanted to take a moment to remember this cereal from last year. It's flavored like birthday cake, in celebration of Pebbles cereals' 50th anniversary. All merriment aside, though, I didn't actually like it very much. It's pretty, with a bit of a pastel look - birthday cake flavored items are always so colorful. Even so, it can't beat the brilliant color explosion that is regular Fruity Pebbles. And if I'm being honest, "birthday cake" isn't one of my favorite flavors (personally, I'd rather have a brownie sundae on my birthday). But I can't fault Post for exploiting the perfect opportunity to try out what is, at least conceptually, a great idea.

Rating: 🥣

No comments:

Post a Comment