Saturday, August 13, 2022

Cinnamon Sugar Krispies


Name: Cinnamon Sugar Krispies
Variation: Rice Krispies
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: It's ironic (although probably not unusual) that I love Rice Krispies Treats, but never eat Rice Krispies cereal. (Have they ever made a Rice Krispies cereal with marshmallows? Because they totally should). It just seems too plain. Who gets excited for crisped rice? I'll grant you that the popping effect is a lot of fun, but like Pebbles, this is another cereal that absorbs the milk and turns into a crunchy sludge. Adding a cinnamon sugar flavor is a brilliant idea - the taste is very reminiscent of cinnamon sugar toast (and I feel like an idiot, but I'm just realizing this is what Cinnamon Toast Crunch is supposed to be emulating), but perhaps the flavor could be a bit stronger. As the focal point of my breakfast, I got bored with it very quick, but I was much more impressed with both the flavor and the texture when eating a smaller bowl on the side with my lunch. So, better in smaller doses? There are probably not going to be a lot of varieties of Rice Krispies that I like, so I'm going to give this one the benefit of the doubt and give it a rating of two bowls.

Rating: 🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: What milk?

No comments:

Post a Comment