Saturday, September 26, 2026
[Experiments] Double Chocolate and Reese's S'mores
Description: I was having a bowl of Honey Maid S'mores (the modern analog to one of my childhood favorites), and I thought to myself, the graham cracker ratio is pretty high. Now, as I've written before, S'mores are a balance of three ingredients, one of which is graham crackers. But the graham crackers are practically just a delivery mechanism - the chocolate and the marshmallow are where it's at. So I thought I could try mixing the cereal with some Cocoa Puffs, to boost the chocolate content. And you know what? It works great! Who among us has never put two squares of chocolate on a S'more? The only thing better would be to use Hot Cocoa Puffs to increase the marshmallow ratio as well, but sadly that cereal does not seem to be a regular fixture on store shelves.
Rating: 🥣🥣🥣
Description: Since we're fooling around with S'mores combinations, I had to give this one a try. For a little background, I visited the Grand Canyon for my honeymoon a number of years ago. We flew into Las Vegas and stayed just long enough to get a feel for the city. While checking out the slots (and dodging thirsty Chippendales), I stumbled across a dessert booth specializing in gourmet S'mores platters. I got one that used a giant Reese's peanut butter cup as the base. Ever since, I've enjoyed having regular S'mores around the campfire with a Reese's peanut butter cup instead of a Hershey's chocolate bar. (These days, my favorite thing to use is those dark chocolate Reese's thins). It's like regular S'mores, but with a delicious undercurrent of peanut butter flavor!
Rating: 🥣🥣🥣
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment