Saturday, October 10, 2026
Reese's Puffs PB&J
Name: Reese's Puffs PB&J Strawberry Jelly
Variation: Reese's Puffs
Manufacturer: General Mills
Review: I remarked in an earlier review that since the Reese's brand has a lot of varied products, they could afford to be a little more adventurous with their Reese's Puffs cereal. That's even more true now than when I wrote it. Happily, General Mills has begun to oblige, with such gems as Peanut Butter Lovers, and this year's Dark Chocolate Reese's Puffs. If you've been paying attention, you'll no doubt have seen the recent PB&J-inspired version of Reese's peanut butter cups. They were my holy grail last Halloween. And now you can get it in cereal form! I've only seen strawberry so far - which, to be fair, is my preferred variety, but it's fun to have that color contrast with grape. (I allowed for both when I did my imaginary mock-up of a PB&J version of Cap'n Crunch).
At a quick glance, the cereal looks just like regular Reese's Puffs. But a closer look will reveal that some of the puffs have a slightly reddish cast - and a flavor that resembles not just strawberries, but actual strawberry jam. In the bowl, the flavor is present without being overpowering, which contributes to a coherent taste experience. Obviously, this cereal differs from a peanut butter & jelly sandwich in that it includes chocolate, but it does a good job of imitating that unique blend of flavors. It's a creative and uncommon idea for a cereal, while still being a perfect match for the brand. I like it a lot! Now, will we ever get a Reese's Puffs with marshmallows?
Rating: 🥣🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: It doesn't quite rise to the level of a PB&J milkshake. :-/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment