Saturday, September 24, 2022

Reese's Puffs Cluster Crunch


Name: Reese's Puffs Cluster Crunch
Variation: Reese's Puffs
Manufacturer: General Mills

Review: So far, my experience with novelty editions of Reese's Puffs have mostly been holiday exclusives, in which the change is merely cosmetic. I guess there's not a lot you can do to change the flavor without subverting people's expectations of what they're getting when it says "Reese's" on the box. Then again, there are a surprising number of different types of Reese's candy out there, with a mixture of shapes and textures and balance of ingredients. Maybe there's some untapped potential after all. At the very least, they could do a limited run of Chocolate Lovers and Peanut Butter Lovers varieties. Or add in actual clusters of chocolate and peanuts, like what Cheerios is doing these days.

I was kind of hoping that's what I would be getting here, so I was a little disappointed when it turned out to be another mostly cosmetic variation. The clusters are larger and flatter than the usual spherical puffs, and they do indeed pack a bit of a crunch. I don't think they're going to render the puffs obsolete, but it's nice to have a little variety on occasion. And they've still got that Reese's Puffs flavor you'd expect. But just because I already love this cereal doesn't mean I want Reese's to rest on their laurels and not keep experimenting. Show me what else you can come up with, Reese's!

Rating: 🥣🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: Kind of mild for a cereal that's based on an indulgent chocolate and peanut butter candy...

No comments:

Post a Comment