Saturday, February 24, 2024

Reese's Puffs

I was excited to see Goku appear on boxes of Reese's Puffs recently (is anime mainstream now or what?); it's a perfect union of color schemes (and on the subject of popular anime characters who wear orange, I would not be opposed to seeing Naruto on boxes in the future, either). It's not truly a novelty cereal, just a new box design - and of many I've seen from the brand, the first one I actually like. So I thought it would be a good opportunity to review OG Reese's Puffs.


Name: Reese's Puffs
Variation: n/a
Manufacturer: General Mills

Review: If pressed, I would say that my favorite candy (and my favorite thing to eat on both Halloween and Easter) is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, so it's no surprise that I love Reese's Puffs cereal. Chocolate and peanut butter is probably my favorite combination in the world (either that or jalapeño and cheddar). And this is one of those cereals that I tend to shovel into my mouth, and can never get enough of. My only real complaint is that the milk is too plain. Upon further consideration, I think the milk is actually a little bit peanut butter-y, which is kind of novel - I guess I'm just expecting a level of chocolatiness to rival the likes of Cocoa Puffs, Cocoa Pebbles, Chocolate Frosted Flakes, or even Chocolate Cheerios. But even in spite of that, this is one of my all-time favorite cereals to eat.

Rating: 🥣🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: A little bit peanut butter-y, after all.

Pick your fighter!

Update: As of mid-March, I've seen the DBZ designs available in Family Size boxes, and the side panel reveals all 7 fighters you can collect!

No comments:

Post a Comment