Saturday, March 2, 2024

Cinnamon Toast Crunch


Name: Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Variation: n/a
Manufacturer: General Mills

Review: In the pantheon of classic breakfast cereals, Cinnamon Toast Crunch is a relative newcomer, debuting in the '80s when many of the standards (e.g., Lucky Charms, Froot Loops, Cocoa Puffs) debuted in the '50s or '60s. Could that be why I don't recall having it as a kid? Or was it just because the idea of cinnamon toast didn't really speak to me? After all, Reese's Puffs is one of my all-time favorites, and it debuted in the '90s. Regardless, that mistake has certainly been rectified since the start of this blog - given the sheer volume of novelty variations this brand puts out.

I've never really given it much thought until now, but Cinnamon Toast Crunch is more than just a plain cinnamon cereal. What makes it so good is that it's not just cinnamon, there's... I want to say a buttery flavor, that serves the impression that you're eating toast. The cereal pieces have an unusual shape - wide and flat, with ridges and a slight curve - but they're not unwieldy, and they have a pleasant crunch. I think that if I'd had more of a history with this cereal, I might have given it a three bowl rating, but for now I'll reserve that rating for the Chocolate alternative, which I like even better.

Rating: 🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: Sweet and cinnamon-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment