Saturday, September 3, 2022

Red & Blue Krispies


Name: Rice Krispies with Red & Blue Krispies
Variation: Rice Krispies
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: I assume this cereal tastes exactly like regular Rice Krispies, just with some of the Krispies turned red or blue. Which is admittedly a good idea. Think of the different colors and color combinations they could use for a variety of purposes? But wow. This cereal is so bland. It's like eating plain, unseasoned rice. I will be using the rest of this box (mixed with butter and marshmallow, of course) to make Rice Krispies Treats for sure. I couldn't even finish eating the bowl I'd poured (and frankly, that's a first for me - I had to go wash my mouth out with some Chocolate Toast Crunch). I'm surprised this cereal has such a fun popping effect, because otherwise, I could totally see this porridge being the product Kellogg originally invented, as the legend goes, to dull the passions of asylum inmates...

Rating: 🥣
Leftover Milk: A pasty sludge.

2 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, the only way I'd eat Rice Krispies was with a literal spoonful of sugar dusted over the top (and then mixed in).

    ReplyDelete