Saturday, March 11, 2023

Eggo Homestyle


Name: Eggo Homestyle
Variation: n/a
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: I like to have waffles on occasion, but generally I eat cereal for breakfast as a substitute for more traditional breakfast foods. So, cereals that imitate breakfast foods - while an excellent concept - are not usually the ones I get the most excited for. However, Eggo is a premier brand name for waffles, so let's see how these are.

The maple smell is noticeable even before you open the box. The cereal pieces are almost a glowing, pale yellow. They seem to be imitating the yellow of the box, rather than the slightly orange-ish cast you get from a waffle browned in the toaster. It's a tiny bit off-putting.

They're crunchy, but the flavor is a bit subdued. I do get a subtle hint of that distinctive waffle flavor and texture. Honestly, if I were eating these as waffles, I would probably pour on more syrup. Otherwise, it's a pretty decent facsimile.

I definitely regret getting the chance to try the chocolate version of this cereal, which I remember seeing on the shelves, but doesn't seem to be available anymore. I'll be interested to see how Waffle Crisp compares (and contrasts).

Rating: 🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: Sweet and maple-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment