Sunday, March 12, 2023

Waffle Crisp


Name: Waffle Crisp
Variation: n/a
Manufacturer: Post

Review: I was very curious to try Waffle Crisp and Eggo Homestyle side by side, to see how they compare and contrast. And once again, there is a maple smell before I even open the box. The box is even yellow, too! But with more of an orange fade around the corners.

The cereal pieces themselves are noticeably different. They're blockier - these are square waffles, not circular ones - and darker, almost brown. I still think the sweet, syrup flavor could be stronger, and the taste has a weird background note that tends to linger, but the texture is not unpleasant.

I think Eggo Homestyle gets the mouthfeel of waffles down better, and I would give it the slight edge (as long as you don't eat them side-by-side - Waffle Crisp has a more intense flavor that can blow out your tastebuds for Eggo Homestyle), but I would say that either one is a good choice if you want waffles in your cereal bowl.

Rating: 🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: Sweet and maple-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment