Saturday, July 8, 2023

Frosted Lemon Cheerios


Name: Frosted Lemon Cheerios
Variation: Cheerios
Manufacturer: General Mills

Review: I resisted buying this cereal for a while, solely because I was outraged by the $6.49 price tag. But my partner was intrigued by it, and we eventually broke down (as we both - along with the CEO of General Mills - knew we would). By now, it must be common knowledge that Froot Loops are lemon-flavored (I was surprised to learn this, only because I wouldn't have thought I'd like a lemon-flavored cereal as much as I like Froot Loops), so I was curious to see how Cheerios' lemon loops compare.

I always go to Kroger when I want to overpay for cereal.

It doesn't make the strongest visual impression - the cereal looks like pale, wrinkled Cheerios (although they pick up a little color when wet). But they have a pleasant lemon flavor. They're definitely not as sweet as Froot Loops. On the other hand, these loops are strangely cool and refreshing. I bet this would be a good cereal to cut up strawberries (or even blueberries!) into.


I was ready to write this cereal off as a poor substitute of Froot Loops, or in favor of better fruity varieties of Cheerios (like Strawberry Banana), but I think I actually like it. I'm just not sure I like it enough to pay $6.49 for another box, when I can get a Family Size box of Froot Loops for $2 less...

Rating: 🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: It's like if lemonade were a milkshake!

No comments:

Post a Comment