Sunday, July 16, 2023

Miraculous


Name: Miraculous Strawberry Macaron
Variation: n/a
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: Although I haven't watched the show (yet), my partner is a huge fan of it, so we were excited when we found out they were making a cereal based on the hit animated series Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. I actually spotted the boxes on the top shelf at Walmart before they were placed in their display, and climbed the shelves to be one of the first in our store to grab one.

One box, two sides

Upon opening the box, a pleasant aroma of strawberries and cream greets your nose. The cereal consists of light red and purple puffs, with a smattering of plain (and classy) white marshmallows. I was a little bit concerned that I wouldn't like it, based on my reservations towards mixing strawberries with cream, but the puffs have a soft and dough-y texture (no doubt imitating the macarons they're modeled after) that surprised and impressed me - and kept me coming back for bite after bite after bite. I feel like they could have easily left the marshmallows out, but I'm glad they included them, because they provide a little extra variation of flavor and texture.

I'm happy to report that Kellogg's has done Miraculous justice with this cereal - I hope it sticks around for a bit. It would be a good replacement for similar children's media tie-ins - like PJ Masks, LOL Surprise!, Minecraft Creeper Crunch, JoJo Siwa Strawberry Bop!, and Pokémon Berry Bolt - none of which I see in stores anymore.

Rating: 🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: Light pink and strawberry creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment