Sunday, July 9, 2023

Hot Wheels Cereal


Name: Hot Wheels Cereal
Variation: n/a
Manufacturer: General Mills

Review: I'm not a Hot Wheels fanatic, but I'll give this new cereal a spin. The base consists of fruity yellow loops that are wider and thinner than Froot Loops (I'm guessing they're tires?). On top of that you have marshmallows in three shapes. The pink wheels with blue stars stand out the most. The flames look cool, but are smaller, and the lightning bolts completely disappear in all the yellow. I do believe the flavor I'm tasting is lemon (once again) - I wish cereals would indicate "lemon" or "strawberry" or "blueberry" or even "mixed berry" instead of calling them all "fruity" (or the dreadfully generic "berry"). You can't even tell by looking at the ingredients list, because there's not actually any fruit in it - the flavor comes from a secret mixture of added chemicals. As always, the marshmallows improve the product, and actually have a bit of a nostalgic flavor I can't quite put my finger on (are they fruity, too?). I don't think I'll be racing to the store to get more, but by promo standards, this is actually a pretty decent cereal.

Rating: 🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: Dull orange and only mildly fruity.

No comments:

Post a Comment