Saturday, July 15, 2023

Rainbow Krispies


Name: Rainbow Krispies
Variation: Rice Krispies
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: When I was trying out the different colored holiday versions of Rice Krispies and brainstorming my own ideas, I came up with the idea of doing Rainbow Krispies. But I nixed it because I've never known Rice Krispies to put out purple Krispies (even though I think they would mix well with Spring Colors). Also, I realized that it would just be Fruity Pebbles, without any flavor. But then, this spring, I go to the store and find that Kellogg's has actually released a Rainbow Krispies! It's colorful, it smells fruity, and it's even got new scoop shapes - it's blatantly obvious that this is Rice Krispies trying to be Fruity Pebbles. So how does it stack up?

Firstly, does it even count as a Krispies cereal if the pieces are now solid scoops? It still snaps, crackles, and pops, but maybe a little less than before. And it's definitely not skimping on the flavor - which is reassuring, given how bland Rice Krispies usually are. However, the taste has an almost over-saturated, "syrup-y" quality, like digging your spoon into the juices at the bottom of a snow cone (but not in a good way). I'd rather eat this than most varieties of Rice Krispies, but that doesn't mean I like it. Is it better than Fruity Pebbles? I doubt it. But I will say that Kellogg's has done a pretty good job of bringing new life to the Krispies lineup with this cereal; and though it may be a cliché in this era, I rather enjoy the rainbow branding.

Rating: 🥣
Leftover Milk: Fruity, and NOT absorbed by the cereal!

No comments:

Post a Comment