Saturday, September 23, 2023

Marias Gamesa


Name: Marias Gamesa Cereal
Variation: n/a
Manufacturer: Gamesa

Review: I normally don't pay attention to cereals not manufactured by either General Mills, Kellogg's, Post, or Quaker Oats. You can call me a brand snob if you like, but in my defense, I have a hard enough time keeping up with new releases just from those four brands, and I can at least count on a certain level of quality with them. This Gamesa label is a complete unknown to me, but they've scored with their shelf placement for this cereal, because I've taken notice, and I'm a little curious. So I decided to give it a try.

I'm not familiar with the cookie this cereal is based on (although it touts itself as "Mexico's #1 cookie"), so I can't say how good of an imitation it is, but snacking on the cereal wafers dry, I can easily imagine them as a cookie. I'm not sure whose "mom's authentic love" they're made with, but they're crispy, and have a subtle yet complex flavor. And they stay crispy in milk, too (to a reasonable degree). Eating them isn't an unpleasant experience at all. I just think they're too plain vanilla for my tastes. But if you like the cookie, you might very well love this cereal.

Rating: 🥣
Leftover Milk: Sweet and vanilla-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment