Sunday, September 24, 2023

Just Magical Marshmallows


Name: Just Magical Marshmallows
Variation: Lucky Charms
Manufacturer: General Mills

Review: Just Magical Marshmallows is available in eight different packages, highlighting each of Lucky's standard charms, with a cheesy limerick on each one, describing the featured charm's magical power. For reference, hearts bring things to life, stars give the power of flight, horseshoes can speed up time, clovers grant good fortune, blue moons give the power of invisibility, unicorns add color to the world, rainbows allow you to teleport, and red balloons can make things float. If you could have only one, which power would you choose? I bought a bag featuring the unicorn based on aesthetics, but invisibility is usually my power of choice.


Anyway, I'm sure this product is meant to be used as a mix-in or a topping, but I read about a promotion where they released boxes of Lucky Charms that were nothing but marshmallows, and I felt left out. So this is my big chance! Besides, when I opened Lucky Charms S'mores, the box was top-loaded with marshmallows, and those first couple of bowls were really good. Let's dig in!


It's like the best bowl of Lucky Charms you've ever eaten! Marshmallows - and nothing but marshmallows - in every bite! It's like Oops! All Berries, but for Lucky Charms instead of Cap'n Crunch! In all seriousness, though, it's just too much marshmallow. I actually find I'm missing the regular pieces (as bland as they are), just to act as a contrast. The concept is quite alluring, but I'm not THAT much of a hedonist... Still, these marshmallow packs are useful. They can even make a box of Frosted Flakes halfway palatable!

Rating: 🥣 as a cereal, but 🥣🥣🥣 as a mix-in or topping
Leftover Milk: Marshmallow-y, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment