Saturday, September 16, 2023

Tres Leches Toast Crunch


Name: Tres Leches Toast Crunch
Variation: Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Manufacturer: General Mills

Review: I had to look up the difference between "dulce de leche" and "tres leches", because it sounded to me like "tres leches" just meant more leche... As it turns out, "dulce de leche" is a milk-based caramel-like confection, while "tres leches" is a type of sponge cake soaked in three different kinds of milk (in varying densities, from evaporated to condensed to heavy cream). Sounds pretty decadent.

Choose your leche.

This cereal has a very strong smell out of the box - I don't know how else to describe it but "very milky cake". And the milky, creamy flavor follows through. Given the emphasis on milk, and the fact that you pour milk over cereal, I feel like "tres leches" was a pretty obvious choice for a cereal flavor, but I can't say that I like it. I don't actually like the flavor of milk - I prefer when a cereal makes the milk taste like something else. Most of the time, I can power through a cereal I don't particularly like, but I don't know that I want to eat even a second bowl of this - the milky milky milk flavor just puts me right off.

Rating: 🥣
Leftover Milk: Super sweet milky cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment