Sunday, June 9, 2024

Chips Ahoy


Name: Chips Ahoy
Variation: n/a
Manufacturer: Post

Review: This new year, I was very excited to see Chips Ahoy cereal back on the shelves, so I could give it a proper review (I can only hope the return of Nutter Butter cereal is on the horizon, too). And, I was excited to be able to compare it to Cookie Crisp (that other chocolate chip cookie cereal), to see which one comes out on top. Sadly, Cookie Crisp doesn't get many novelty variations, or even promotional tie-ins, so I haven't had an excuse to pick up a box since I started this blog - until now.

Visually, this cereal is very similar to Cookie Crisp. Only by direct comparison can I tell that the cookie saucers in Chips Ahoy are a little bit bigger, and a little bit lighter in color. They taste less sweet, but have a richer cookie flavor. Rather than crispy, I would say that they are very crunchy, although they do soften up some after soaking in milk. And though the chocolate flavor is subtle, I think I can taste it better here than in Cookie Crisp. All in all, I think this is the superior chocolate chip cookie cereal; which is appropriate, given the reputation of the Chips Ahoy brand. Can we get a Chips Ahoy Chewy next? Maybe with some cookie dough bites? Or how about Chocolate Chunk? Chunks are way better than chips.

Rating: 🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: Mildly cookie-flavored.

No comments:

Post a Comment