Sunday, July 7, 2024

Golden Grahams S'mores


Name: Golden Grahams S'mores
Variation: Golden Grahams
Manufacturer: General Mills

Review: So, the real reason I tried Golden Grahams Retro Recipe, is to have a basis from which to evalute the recent reappearance of Golden Grahams S'mores - which I suspect is an update of S'mores Grahams, one of my favorite cereals from my childhood (although I miss the red box). It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the S'mores cereals of today.

As I pour my bowl, the first thing I notice is that there are relatively few plain Golden Grahams pieces (thankfully), in favor of the chocolate ones. And then there are, of course, the marshmallows. Although it was a staple of my childhood, I can't really say to what extent this cereal duplicates the taste of S'more Grahams (the '80s were a long time ago), but I can judge it by modern standards.

With a negligible difference in nutrition value (including, remarkably, an equivalent sugar content, despite containing marshmallows), I see no reason not to eat this cereal over plain Golden Grahams. But, honestly, it still tastes just a tad plain, and is not actually as good as Honey Maid S'mores (which unsurprisingly contains more fat and sugar). So, kudos to Honey Maid for that.

Rating: 🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: Subtle flavors mix to form an unexpectedly odd amalgam.

No comments:

Post a Comment