Saturday, July 20, 2024

Raisin Bran


Name: Raisin Bran
Variation: n/a
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: Raisin Bran is never going to be one of my favorite cereals. That said, even as a kid, I could appreciate eating it on occasion, mainly on account of the raisins. Which is actually the reason I don't eat it anymore. Raisins have a pretty high sugar content, making this one of the sugariest cereals on the market, despite its health-forward approach. Which is not to say that it's any worse than, say, Mega Stuf Oreo O's, but is this the cereal I want to spend those sugar tokens on? Regardless, reviewing it for my blog is a good excuse to have it again. Besides, I've been wanting to try some of the alternate flavors I've been seeing lately.

So, it's probably the first bowl of Raisin Bran I've eaten since I was a kid, and I'm not impressed. Yeah, I can see how the sweet taste of the raisins is the only thing going for it. The bran flakes are dull (they're not even frosted), and waste no time getting soggy in milk. There is something about the texture of the raisins that I like - they're chewy, but this cereal is a real chore to eat. I'm glad I poured a half bowl. That's not a very good sign. If I wanted to pretend to be healthy, I think I'd rather have a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch (if I can find it). Looks like it's back to eating cookies for breakfast for me!

Rating: 🥣
Leftover Milk: Diluted with flakes of bran...

No comments:

Post a Comment