Sunday, January 15, 2023

[Flashback] Girl Scouts Thin Mints & Caramel Crunch

Notice: Flashback reviews have been written from memory, without having the cereal in front of me. I started taking pictures of notable cereal varieties several years before I decided to start a blog reviewing them. As such, details beyond whether I simply liked the cereal or not may be hazy, especially regarding the quality of the leftover milk. Whenever possible, I have made an effort to procure another box of the cereal for a proper review (even the ones I didn't like), but due to the ephemeral nature of many of these novelty cereals, this is not always possible.


Name: Thin Mints & Caramel Crunch
Variation: Girl Scouts
Manufacturer: General Mills

Review: Let me preface this review by saying that I am a big fan of Girl Scout cookies, and think that they should license their cookies for tie-ins with more products. Especially ice cream. Every year I buy a few boxes of cookies and use them to make Girl Scout cookie milkshakes. I noticed that Dairy Queen has started advertising Thin Mint blizzards the past couple springs. Though I do like Thin Mints, mint isn't my favorite companion to chocolate - that would be peanut butter, which is why Tagalongs are my favorite Girl Scout cookie.

Suffice to say, I was very excited when I saw these two versions of Girl Scout cookies in cereal form, back in early 2017, imitating what I believe are the Girl Scouts' two most popular cookies - Thin Mints and Samoas. I like Samoas, too (mmm, toasted coconut), but I prefer them in smaller doses. What I remember of these cereals is that I, predictably, liked Thin Mints better than Caramel Crunch. I'd love to see them both in stores again, because I think I'm due for a reappraisal of their merits. And if they made a Tagalong cereal? Goddess be praised!

Rating: 🥣🥣

No comments:

Post a Comment