Saturday, January 28, 2023

DC's Strong Berry & Cinnamon Bolts

I must have missed these cereals the first time around, because I found these two boxes at second run stores within about a month of their expiration date. I actually found one at one store, saw an ad for the other on the side of the box, and thought to myself, "I'm never gonna find the other one." But then I went to the next store, and there it was! I was so relieved!

Cinnamon Bolts features The Flash, and Strong Berry celebrates your choice of Superman or Supergirl, depending on which side of the box you favor (in a cereal box version of the "double A-side"). These cereals remind me of the Superman and Batman cereals they had several years ago (probably a promotion for the Batman v. Superman movie from 2016). I don't recall those cereals being very good, but intriguingly, these feature the words "Cap'n Crunch" on the box. Let's see how they taste!


Name: Strong Berry
Variation: Cap'n Crunch?
Manufacturer: Quaker Oats

Review: I have to say, I was really hoping this cereal would taste just like Cap'n Crunch, or maybe even Oops! All Berries, because it looks just like Red, White & Blue Crunch, except with the pieces in the shape of triangular loops (like the field against which the 'S' in Superman's symbol sits). But instead, it's just... plain. Like the kind of cereal you would expect a company named "Quaker Oats" to make if you didn't know they were responsible for Cap'n Crunch. If there's any strawberry flavor at all, it's not berry strong. They could have gone with a proven formula, but instead we get this? What's the point?

Rating: 🥣
Leftover Milk: Udderly plain...


Name: Cinnamon Bolts
Variation: Definitely not Cap'n Crunch
Manufacturer: Quaker Oats

Review: Before I tried Strong Berry, when I still thought these cereals were based on Cap'n Crunch, I was very curious to try this one, because I've never seen a cinnamon version of Cap'n Crunch before. But it's just another basic, oat-based cereal, with a subdued cinnamon flavor. The lightning bolt-shaped pieces are really neat, though - Pikachu ought to take note. Between these two cereals, I think this is the better one, but it's not very good, either.

Rating: 🥣
Leftover Milk: Mildly cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment