Saturday, January 14, 2023

Nutty Buddy


Name: Nutty Buddy
Variation: Little Debbie
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: So, I wasn't totally thrilled with the other two versions of Little Debbie cereals I tried last year, but if ever there were a Little Debbie snack I'd want in the form of a cereal, Nutty Buddy bars would be it. Lo and behold! I was very excited when I found this cereal, and could hardly wait to try it. Chocolate and peanut butter? How can it go wrong? Well, let's put Little Debbie in the kitchen and see what happens. Remember how her Cosmic Brownies turned out?

You know how some foods have an aftertaste? Well, this cereal has a weird "beforetaste". I'm not even sure how I would describe it (it's kind of a smoky, almost coffee-like flavor), but it's off-putting. On the plus side, the nuggets are large and brick-like, but soft to chew with a satisfying texture. Ultimately, I wouldn't buy this cereal over Reese's Puffs, but the chocolate peanut butter flavor does keep me coming back. I just wish I didn't have to endure that weird "Little Debbie" flavor to enjoy it.


I gave Oatmeal Creme Pies a two bowl rating, so I couldn't in good conscience rate this cereal any lower, but that doesn't mean I'm not disappointed with it. Before I tried this cereal, I was looking forward to seeing what other snacks Little Debbie will bring to the breakfast table in the future. But now I'm feeling a little more reserved.

Rating: 🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: I was doubtful, but there is some chocolate peanut butter flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment