Sunday, March 31, 2024

Spring Edition Trix


Name: Spring Edition Trix
Variation: Trix
Manufacturer: General Mills

Review: I almost didn't buy this cereal. I had just tried another new version of Trix that I thought would pair well with Easter, and then they spring this on me? Here I am, trying to work through my backlog of reviews of cereals I bought during a dry spell, before the annual New Years haul (currently sitting on top of my fridge, begging for attention) put me back in the red. Meanwhile, these spring-branded cereals keep popping up, demanding advance placement. It just feels rude for a brand new cereal to come in and jump the line ahead of a bunch of other boxes that have been waiting patiently for their turn in the spotlight. But, some cereal varieties feature more timely themes than others...

Anyway, this is just Trix, but with all flower shapes instead of fruit shapes - so you know what you're getting. The differently-colored flowers do look nice all together, and it seems like there are some Trix Minis mixed in (unless they're just detached flower petals). Interestingly, the first couple bites taste almost like you're eating fruity popcorn (it's a corn-based cereal), although the cereal pieces don't stay crunchy in milk for very long. It's not bad, but I still prefer the version of Trix that has marshmallows.

Rating: 🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: Fruitier than I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment