Saturday, August 3, 2024

Raisin Bran Crunch


Name: Raisin Bran Crunch
Variation: Raisin Bran
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: As you might have noticed, Raisin Bran hasn't really been on my radar - until just recently. But I've been spying this cereal for a while now. I don't remember having it as a kid, and I started to worry that it might disappear from shelves before I had a chance to try it. That is, until I sat down to watch the disaster movie 2012 (which actually came out three years earlier than that). There's a scene in the movie where people are panicking in a supermarket. And I noticed Raisin Bran Crunch right there on the shelf in the cereal aisle (of course I was looking at the cereals) - 15 years ago!


Regardless, its time has come. Despite sounding even healthier with its oat clusters, this cereal manages to contain even more sugar than regular Raisin Bran - on account of its honey coating, I imagine. That said, it's pretty good. Flavor-wise, a definite improvement. I'm not surprised it has stuck around. But with the raisins and the high sugar content (rivaling even a cereal like Mega Stuf Oreo O's), I would recommend eating it in moderation. Alternatively, Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch is quite good, and has notably less sugar.

Rating: 🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: Sweet as honey, but flecked with bran.

No comments:

Post a Comment