Sunday, December 11, 2022

Frosted Flakes with Vanilla Flavored Marshmallows

This weekend I'm trying something a little different - the introduction of occasional Sunday morning reviews! I think posting double reviews every week is a little clunky, so I figure I can accomplish the same thing by just posting the second review on Sunday (which is still part of the weekend, after all). Certain cereals demand to be paired up, and will still be posted together - so this isn't the death of the "twofer" review. But in other cases, even when the cereals are related, it seems cleaner to post them separately. Think of it as a themed weekend! I've already amended some of my past reviews.


Name: Frosted Flakes with Vanilla Flavored Marshmallows
Variation: Frosted Flakes
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: So, this is Frosted Flakes with marshmallows. But not just any marshmallows - vanilla-flavored marshmallows! (Which makes me wonder what flavor marshmallows regularly are?). Anyway, the "school mascot shapes" (lions, tigers, bears, bulldogs, and cougars) are a pretty neat idea, and totally on-theme for the brand. Plus, they add a nice splash of colors - blue, green, orange, yellow, and purple. I wasn't expecting to like this cereal very much, because you know, it's Frosted Flakes; and even with the marshmallows - why vanilla? But actually, it's not terrible. The marshmallows counter the dullness of the flakes, and the hint of vanilla is actually a little bit refreshing. I doubt I would go out of my way to have this cereal again, but at least I won't dread finishing the box...too much.

Rating: 🥣
Leftover Milk: Sweet and slightly vanilla-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment