Sunday, June 4, 2023

Krave Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough


Name: Krave Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Variation: Krave
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: By pure serendipity, after Krave's new flavor caught my attention this year, I spotted a box of this other flavor at a second-run store, and snatched it up. As far as I can tell, this version of Krave has the same chocolate filling, but now the biscuits are covered in tiny chocolate chips, and are supposed to taste like cookie dough. There is some resemblance to Cookie Crisp - until you bite into them and discover the smooth, chocolate centers.

What I like about "cookie dough" treats is the sweet, chewy texture of the cookie dough bites, and I'm not sure I'm getting that here. Maybe the filling should have been cookie dough? Or maybe they should have just called it Chocolate Chip Cookie, and left the "dough" off. Although I have a suspicion that the flavor is closer to an Oreo-like cookies 'n' cream, unless it's just the black specks (not at all what you get in a true chocolate chip cookie - much less chocolate chunk, which I prefer) messing with my mind.

To be honest, this cereal should have been a slam dunk, but instead it's leaving me with questions. Maybe that's why I found it at a second-run store? Regardless, if it's not clearly better than Krave Chocolate, it's still at least as good. It makes me wonder what other flavors Krave has tested that I might have missed...

Rating: 🥣🥣
Leftover Milk: Only a hint of milk and cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment