Saturday, April 22, 2023

Minecraft Creeper Crunch


Name: Minecraft Creeper Crunch
Variation: n/a
Manufacturer: Kellogg's

Review: I initially overlooked this cereal (along with several others marketed to children, like PJ Masks and LOL Surprise!), since they'd been around for a while, but I became concerned that they could vanish from the shelves any day, so I decided to give them all a try. And I was looking forward to trying this one, because there aren't a lot of cinnamon cereals on the market (besides Cinnamon Toast Crunch and all of its variations), and this is the only one I've seen with marshmallows.

I like the blocky aesthetic, and the Creeper Bit Marshmallows ("no mobs harmed during crafting of cereal") come in a pleasing gradient of green shades. However, the cereal lacks a decent crunch, and there's a bit of a styrofoam quality to the blocks. It's better than DC's Cinnamon Bolts, but it doesn't hold a torch to Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Between this and General Mills' child-targeted media tie-in cereals (mentioned above), I think Kellogg's is back to being the under-achiever.

Rating: 🥣
Leftover Milk: Mildly cinnamon-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment